Boat + Motor Permits

Please note: Kiteboarding is not permitted on Jackson County Lakes. 
Required Permits

Boat permits and motor permits are required for the use of all Jackson County lakes and waterways by any type of watercraft. Jackson County waterways include Blue Springs Lake, Lake Jacomo, Longview Lake, and Prairie Lee Lake.

  • Permit fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
  • All kayaks, canoes, inflatable rafts, pedal boats, windsurfers, stand up-paddle boards (SUPs), sailboards and all similar type of watercraft are required to display a Jackson County Boat Permit as described on this page. Kiteboarding is not allowed on Jackson County Lakes. 
  • If you have a kayak, canoe or stand-up paddleboard, please view on our FAQs for information on regulations. 
  • All watercraft used on Jackson County waterways must be at least eight feet in length. 

Annual and one-day ramp permits are available at: Blue Springs Lake Marina, Lake Jacomo Marina, and Longview Lake Marina, or the Jackson County Parks + Rec Administration Office.  Please contact the Parks + Rec Administration/Permit Office with questions regarding out-of-state registrations. 

Jackson County Parks + Rec 
Administration & Permit Office 

22807 SW Woods Chapel Road
Blue Springs, MO  64015


Winter:     October 1 - March 31
                 Monday thru Friday
                 8:00 am - 5 pm   

Summer:  April 1 - September 30 
                 7 Days a Week
                 8:00 am - 5 pm

One-Day Boat Permit Fees

A one-day boat permit fee for all watercraft types and Horsepower will be $30 per day. You may also purchase the permit at Blue SpringsLake Jacomo and Longview Marinas.

One-Day Boat Permits can also be purchased online.

Annual Permit Fees

Permit fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.  Lost permits cannot be replaced.  They must be repurchased. 

What You'll Need

The following three items are required to purchase annual boat and motor permits each year:

  1. Proof of Ownership for Motors - Title or registration required for each motor, with the horse power listed.  All outboard motors (except for trolling motors) must be titled and registered.  

  2. Current Missouri Watercraft Registration - The State of Missouri requires all vessels powered by machinery, and all sailboats over 12 feet in length (or with a motor), to be titled and have a certificate number. Registration must be renewed with the State of Missouri every three years. You must present a current and valid Watercraft Registration to permit your vessel with Jackson County.

  3. Personal Property Tax Receipt for all Jackson County Residents with boats and motors listed (if owned on Jan 1 of that year).  The receipt must be for the last completed tax year.  New residents will need to provide a "Statement of Non-Assessment" from the Jackson County Department of Collections. 
  • Non-residents do not need to provide a personal property receipt. Contact the Parks + Rec Administration Office for permits that include out-of-state registrations at 816-503-4805 .
Nonmotorized Vessel Permits

Boats and vessels are NOT required to be titled or registered in the state of Missouri IF they are propelled solely by paddle or oars. Trolling motors are not included. To purchase your non-motorized annual permit, plan to provide: Description of Boat and Length of Boat (must be at least 8 feet in length).

Motorized Kayak/Canoe/Raft Registration

 All mechanically propelled vessels must be titled and registered with the Missouri Department of Revenue. This includes a trolling motor on a typically non-motorized vessel.  The trolling motor itself does not need to be registered, only the motorized vessel.  Please contact your local DMV to register your vessel.  To purchase a Jackson County annual permit for the vessel, provide the watercraft registration and a personal property tax receipt (if you are a Jackson County resident). 


Any sailboat over 12 feet in length, or any sailboats with a motor, will need to provide: Boat Registration, and the Motor Title and Registration (if applicable). Registration is not required for trolling motors.  Jackson County residents will need to provide a paid personal property tax receipt.  

Annual Boat Permit Fees - All County Lakes

Resident or Not
County Resident
Non-Resident (Lake Jacomo Only)

       Horsepower                                              $1.00 per HP

Annual Combo Permit Fees - Personal Watercraft Only

Resident or Not
County Resident
Non-Resident $100


Note: All annual boat and motor permits are half price August 1 - December 31.

Annual Permits are also available at: