Show All Answers
Drive all the way to the back of the property to the Jacomo Day Camp shelter house. A Day Camp Counselor will meet you on the parking lot to have you sign your child in. If, for any reason, your child’s name does not show up on the Attendance Sheet for that week, you will have to go into the Kemper office before you can drop your child off at the shelter house. Please allow 10 or 15 minutes to complete the sign-in process, especially on Mondays.
There is usually 1 or more field trips each week. Special activities each week highlight the camp theme for that week.
-By Fax: Complete the Registration Form and fax with payment to 816-224-0755. Please call 816-229-8980 after transmission to be sure we received a legible copy.
-Leave it in the Drop-Box (after April 3): Leave the completed Registration Form and payment in our drop-box just inside the gate at the Kemper Outdoor Education Center. The gates are open 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. weekdays after April 1.
-In Person (after May 1 only): Bring it in person to the Kemper Outdoor Education Center. This method does not qualify for the early Registration Discount.
-By Phone (after May 1 only): Please call 816-229-8980, ext. 0.
For more information, please visit the Jacomo Summer Camp page. Jacomo Summer Camp page.
You may also obtain a permit at any Jackson County Parks + Rec Marina.
Missouri-registered BOAT OWNERS must provide the following documentation:
- Current water craft registration
- Proof of ownership on the motor (title or registration)
- Personal property tax receipt for previous year is required if you are a Jackson County resident
Missouri-registered boat MOTOR OWNERS must provide:
What if I live out of state?
- Current water craft registration is required
If it is not motorized, no paperwork is required.
-Must be at least 8’ long
If it does have a motor, even a trolling motor, it must be registered with the state. We will need:
- Property tax receipt for previous tax year
- If anything except trolling motor we need proof of ownership on the motor
Cost: County Residents $30, Non-County $60
- Must launch from authorized areas. Do not wade in from the shoreline
- A light is required to be used when operating kayak/canoe between sunset and sunrise
- A personal flotation device is required, in serviceable condition and readily accessible, for each person on board, and recommended to be worn at all times.
- It is recommended to have a horn or whistle on board.
Missouri-registered boat owners can obtain a dock space with the following documentation:
Learn more about the parks.
View more information about the trails.
You can contact the Sheriff's Department at 816-524-4302, or via their website.